Sunday, March 23, 2008

Ex - Wives

Let me tell you what I know about ex-wives. I've
got too many. Don't get me wrong. I liked all of
them. I liked them when I married them and I liked
them when they were gone. All of the ex-wives get
along with me just fine. I even have a photo of
the three of them together. I call it the First
Wives club photo meeting without the chairman
of the board, if you know what I mean. All of the
ex-wives talk to me and I even have dinner with
them on occasion, although not all together. We
also share info about our families when news
changes. It is just as easy to have a friendship
after the marriage as it is to have a hateful
relationship and be at each other's throat. Don't
get me wrong. I don't want to re-marry any of
them, but I did like them before I married them,
and why not treat them the same way today. Many
people do not understand my relationship with
the exes.
That really does not bother me because I know
where my heart lies, and maintaining stability
with the exes makes more sense than not doing
it. The children enjoy a respectable relationship
without fussing and fighting or name calling. The
wives that I didn't have children with, I don't
see or speak to them as often. When I do see them,
they are very cordial and more than likely glad
that they are not still with me. Did I mention
that I have put on a few pounds over the years?
The mother of my children is very pleasant,
intelligent, and willing to talk about the
children. We are not as close in our private lives,
but when it comes to the children, we are on the
same track most of the time.
I did not divorce the children.
I think that I am better friends with the exes now
than when I was married to them. Maybe it shouldn't
be called marriage. Maybe it should be called
friendship time for life. I guess the day will come
when marriage will not be called for, but I personally
enjoyed marriage. I could always get a woman, just
couldn't always keep her. I did develop some solid
friendships along the way and trust me, true friendship
is hard to find, especially a friendship that lasts
a lifetime.
It just seems a shame that you have to marry and divorce
them to discover that they would make great life time
friends.

No comments: