Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Way we Were

I keep getting these emails reminding me of how life was in the fifties, sixties, etc..
Are these my old friends living in the past, or my new young friends and kids
reminding me of how old I am. It is very nostalgic looking at the old tv shows and
hearing the old music being played, while displays of old candy, toys, books, and
habits from the past roll by. I don't want to live my life over and I don't want to
go back to the sixties, so what do I realize from these emails. Maybe a since of
belonging to a different time and a different world. All the emails that could be
sent to me , stacked in a mile high stack would not change my lifestyle. Unless
I bought me some bell bottom pants and a madras shirt. I do see this stuff today,
but it is not nearly as cool as it was back then. Life changes. My life has changed.
I am not complaining because I like my life. But things seemed easier then. Not
as much pressure to perform. Not as much hurry as today. Life was just more
simple then, and somewhat smoother. I like today.
But sometimes I long for the easier and simpler life. Maybe when I retire. Maybe
not. I will just have to wait and see.

No comments: