Monday, March 10, 2008

It is not Social Security that will get us. It's medicare

My finacial advisor told me today that she
had had a meeting with the IRS last week
to discuss the future of investing and
saving. They told her that she needs to
be warning her customers and investors
that Social Security has enough reserves
through about 2040. She should warn her
investors that the Medicare and Medicade
funds are what they should be worried about.
This is going to be a problem real soon
because of the 65 and over health problems
and so many baby boomers are getting ready
to retire and reach that age. I am not
really too worried for me because I am
older and the money should be there for me.
I would warn my children and all young
people to be aware of this situation and
to be prepared to meet the challenge of
change that must be incurred to reach
out for future generations and to prepare
themselves for a retirement of only what
they have saved or invested.
They should be looking out for themselves
and their children.

The future and their future is in their hands.

No comments: