Saturday, March 15, 2008

Gas Wars

Whatever happened to gas wars? I may be
telling my age, but, we use to have gas
wars back in the day. I have paid as little
as $.19 cents a gallon for gas. Oh,and
did I mention that bread was $.23 per loaf.
Getting back to gas. We are not ever going
to see gas that cheap. I mean the taxes on
gas is over a dollar. The gas companies are
making a killing. Look at their P and L sheets.
We need to find a better way to energize. I
suggested wind, and a lot of folks felt that
I could probably keep a few cars on the road
with the amount of wind that I could furnish.
Maybe they confused that with bull.... well
you know what I mean. The only way we can
control the gas prices as a society is to
ban together to control the consumption of
gas. This is hard for a lot of folks because
they need gas in their work. I do. I put
$50 worth of gas in my car every two days
and I get 30 miles to the gallon. Since
I travel the state,I have to depend on
gas to get to my job. I can cut back on
the weekend though. It is the law of
supply and demand. If we use less gas
the gas companies will be forced to
lower gas prices in order to continue
to sell gas. Just a thought. I can't
promise results. Well I must go. My
girlfriend and I are going riding
around and look at all the pretty
flowers. Wait, I just remembered I
am conserving fuel. Gosh darn honey,
I am sorry we can't go for a ride and
look at the pretty flowers. We must
do our part to save fuel. Oh well,
I really did want to go. See if you
can find some flowers on the internet.
Surely someone is blogging flowers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Gas War....its total CORRUPTION.
If we had an administration in DC that had any sense they would have already reduced the speed limits to 55MPH and save millions of gallons. They should have already demanded the Iraqis that we are first come first serve at our price/not theirs, Chaneys, or anyone else but the Americans. Our government and big business are so corrupt that is is going to bankrupt this country. Something must be done...NOW!